Monday, August 10, 2009

Before & After: Front


I went way back for this one. Here is a photo of our house when we first purchased it. Initially we just repainted the trim and the door. We replaced the hunter green and purple with a more mossy natural green.

The homes in our neighborhood tend to be eclectic and I am all for the fun colors but they work best on the wood homes. Our stone house calls for more earthy Hansel and Gretel colors.

After remodel:




We added a second story, increased pitch of the roof and added dormers in the front and sides.

We used BM Fairview Taupe for the woodwork trim, which I adore. The siding is BM Manchester Tan. We were trying to go with a color that would blend in with the stone. But if I were to do it over again I would go a tad richer darker, or paint all the woodwork Fairview Taupe. Overall I'm still pleased with the results. And I am very happy with the mossy gray shingle color. This isn't the best photo, taken in the middle of our record setting hot summer. It is not even 9am and the sun is too bright for a good shot. It is surprising that anything is still green.


You can see the colors a bit better in this photo taken later in the day.

No comments: